Wednesday, November 11, 2009

This blogging thing...

So, I've got the day off and sit here listening to the Avett Brothers The Weight of Lies on KEXP. I'm not practiced at jotting off a note here and there to say hello to the world, but will keep after it and see if I've got anything to say that's worth the time it takes to type.

I've been lately consumed by knitting - took a class last winter and finally learned how to make something substantive out of a long piece of string. It's funny how you say I'm learning to knit and suddenly learn that most of your friends and acquaintances are avid knitters! So, we've got a small group that tries to gather once a month or so, and I've been learning my way around yarn overs, slipped stitches, binding off, and the various attributes of different yarns. It's the perfect activity for an agitated mind, which mine has certainly been on and off this past year. I love the focus it requires, and how tactile it is, and by the end of a little session of course there's a little something to show for your efforts - for example:

a little merino/angora scarf for Julio

another scarf from some handpainted homespun WY wool I picked up this summer


and another in-progress, I'm figuring out lace pattern stitches on this one

There you have it, my day has been spent at home puttering about, cleaning and knitting, pondering and planning. A very good day, indeed.
cw


1 comment: