Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I haven't forgotten...

This time I post from Seattle - fall is here indeed, just returned from a morning walk in the fog and am getting ready for work. I don't have a movie list this early in the day, although we did watch Brothers Bloom on DVD this weekend, and went to see A Serious Man in the theater. The former was fine, heavy-handed direction sadly diminished what could have been a much better film but I liked much about it. The latter is the latest from the brothers Coen, and is a lovely character piece about quiet lives of desperation circa 1960 Anywhere, USA suburbia - from the Jewish POV. Incredible acting, great scene setting. Love those boys. Oh- yes, we rented Land of the Lost (Bob picked it up to cheer me up while I nursed a cold - I have a little thing for Will Ferrel)...Have to say, I liked it quite a bit - key to enjoying this one: low expectations. Great set, makes me want to rent the original TV show and take a look (the Sleestaks always terrified me as a kid)...

All is well as we begin the end of 2009 here in the NW. I had a good visit home, and am perpetually grateful for my family and friends and all the love they've sent my way this past year. Lord knows how I would manage without them!
cw

No comments:

Post a Comment